My Zazzle

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ack! Pfft Pfft....

Wouldn't ya know it?
I think I have a slight throat infection. Doesn't affect how I feel, just scratchy all of the time. My back is killing me - probably not sleeping right. Naturally, I am scheduled like crazy on the operational side of things. I am primarily the health and safety [and quality assurance!] guy at work, but I am qualified to drive two types of boats and can crew several more, and when things are tight, I put away the computer and hop into my life jacket. We have two crews at sea and a bunch of people on vacation, so I was on the op yesterday, plus I have one Wed, Thu, and Fri, and then Tuesday next week. I think I'll live.....

What do I do? Facebook friends, feel free to e-mail and ask. Blog friends, y'all already know. Short answer: we provide target support to the fleet. Fun, fun stuff [probably another reason my back hurts = Tony and I caught big air a few times and the seats bottomed out twice. They're on a shock-absorbing system, and that helps a lot, usually].

Happy Tuesday, everybody!

2 comments:

Therese said...

Hmmm...riding boats and catching air? Sounds more like fun than work. Definitely fun!

Charles L. Wallace said...

It's a hoot, really! Today the seas were almost flat, so little air. Mucho gusto on the speed, however. Sunny day. Got to wear Arab attire and got baked almost to oblivion [from the sun!]. Another good op :-)