My Zazzle

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

So Long....

So long, not farewell!
So long it has been since I last updated, and so much has happened in the world.
Israel has finally had enough and struck back at Hamas.
The Broncos fired Mike Shanahan!
The Yankees signed CC Sabathia, AJ Burnett, and Mark Teixeira.
I went kayaking with Nikki, am sore, and now own two kayaks!
I might even try and update more often.
[I know, I promise to do so often and fail to deliver - so comment and
encourage me! haha!]

Happy New Year to all; I wish you peace and prosperity, with love for all.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy 2009!

Anyway, I just remembered you're in VA Beach. I'm thinking of moving to Norfolk. How does/would a Yankee fan survive down yonder?

Charles L. Wallace said...

Andrea! So glad to hear from you; Happy New Year :-)

Yankee fans in Norfolk? MLB.TV!! hahaha but, there ARE other options; Baltimore is not TOO far to road-trip for when the boys come to town [and it gives a good excuse for crab cakes, too!]

Also, NL ball is even closer: DC is about an hour closer than Baltimore [depending on traffic]; obtaining tickets in either park should not present much of a challenge.

The local team had been the Mets' AAA team for years but is now the Orioles' [still AAA]; not bad for watching prospects, and right off the Interstate, so very accessible.

So, what brings you to Norfolk? It's a good area, plenty to do, not as cold and icy as up north! Best wishes for a wonderful 2009 :-)

Andrea said...

I'm looking to get a Ph.D. in English. I went for my undergrad degree in Albany, NY, and was at NYU for my MA. I want to go somewhere WARM now. Old Dominion University is pretty good for the English PhD. so I figure I'll look into it :)

I've done the Baltimore to Norfolk drive. It's not too pleasant. The traffic for the tunnel is outrageous. Then again, i did the drive on the 4th of July.

Charles L. Wallace said...

Warm? haha not here, not January 15 through March 15, anyway. ODU's a fine school; will you be teaching as well?