My Zazzle

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Redux

Back to Portland. Back to Hippie-ville ;-) Back to temporary jet-lag, but alas, that too will pass. Back to running at Grant Park. I ran once while I was back in Virginia Beach: 53 and change to Rudee Inlet and back, along the boardwalk; it's 5.2 miles and seemed a bit longer. Been concentrating on shorter stuff on the track, building more speed. Time to cross it up and work on endurance, I guess.

Cuz was mentioning that it is time to share pics of the FB account holder with their significant other. I don't have one. I guess I could post one of WW from the movie with Murron, but that would be even farther out than posting a pic of Mel as my doppelganger ;-) Besides, I kinda like the blue wode and the maniacal expression in his eyes. Actually, I do not have many pics of me with former significant others.... not really sure why [guess they have passed to history]. I do have the nice one of Nikki and I at the hangar dance on Valentine's Day, 2009 [for those who are interested in seeing it, please check out my photo collection on Facebook].

President's Day is Monday. Thank you, Abe. Thank you, General Washington. Hail to the Chief :-) I'm working. Mardi Gras is Tuesday, so Lache pa la Potat`, eh? I'm working that day, too! Ash Wednesday is [you guessed it!] Wednesday. Not Catholic, no ashes. Working. hahaha!

Looking forward to seeing the gang again. Nice yukking it up at breakfast with Denine and the cats I work with; nice getting filled-up at Anna's [howdy to Anna herself, Amanda, and Shoesy {Liz} haha!].

Time to hit the rain locker. Good luck to Kevin, who is close to being selected for Job Corps. Good morning to all. I'll write more when I can.

2 comments:

Therese said...

Glad to have you back on the west coast! The nice thing about this is that you can work on your running consistently as the weather isn't so harsh. Keep up the good work on your training! I'm proud of your success!!

Charles L. Wallace said...

Thank you, my friend :-)
Now, once I can shake this lumbar, we'll be off to the races!