My Zazzle

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grant Park

Keeps getting better. Ran a 2' 03" split tonight, so at some point I fugured out I should just run a mile. Weird timing. Second quarter was under two, third was two, so I cranked it up and got a 7' 48" for my mile. Yeah, I know that sounds really slow, but remember:
[1] Since Arlington, I have not run on the track. All city since then, so no real speed work.
[2] I am just now getting acclimatized to Portland.
[3] Fresh over the flu.
[4] Haven't been running as much as I should or would like to.
That's changing.

2 comments:

Therese said...

Wow! You are SOOOO hard on yourself!! Do you realize how few of those of us you know, that really, really EXERCISE? Not many, if truth be told.

I think you should celebrate the joy the running brings you and don't worry about what anyone thinks of your time. To me you are speedy!

Run Forrest! Run!!! ; )

Charles L. Wallace said...

hahaha
Thank you, my friend, and thank you for the encouragement :-)

It's a good feeling [I mean, being fit, but having friends is also a good, good feeling]. I feel great today!!