My Zazzle

Sunday, January 17, 2010

R&T&me

The Rose and Thistle [Rose for England, Thistle for Scotia - that's fer all U Sassanachs out there!].... It's aboot four blocks up and four blocks over, on Broadway here in Portland. Walked there, and I can have another Guinness Draught if I wanna withoot nae worries aboot DUI. Halibut and chips, and indeed it was good. Nice fish! Tangy, lemony mayonnaise as well, aye, and bonus points for it.
Good, quiet place. Not a lot of atmosphere, but a place I could have taken Nikki and felt equally at home as in Cambuslang. That was a long time ago and we each have moved along, but you get the picture.
I'll be back for sure. Sis, shall I save ye a chair? Or, is there a place for pixykin? hahahaha! See ya there :-)

2 comments:

Therese said...

But do they have a dart board? That, in my humble opinion, is one of the defining factors in choosing a good pub!

Charles L. Wallace said...

Why, yes indeedy they do! :-)