My Zazzle

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gun

There's a new sheriff in town. Joba Chamberlain went seven last night, and gave up no runs. He struck out nine. Yanks 1, Socks 0. All good stuff. Now, here's something even better: Joba pitches inside. Sure, he doesn't care for Kevin Youkilis, and Kevin Youkilis does not care for him. Joba pitched inside, and Youkilis bailed out. In the process of flailing around, getting out of the way, the ball ticked off his bat [methinks it ticked off more than just the bat!]. Both benches were warned, which is fine. Usually it is the Socks who throw inside, and both benches get warned before the Yanks can throw inside. Here's an interesting point: Josh Beckett sometimes comes inside, and we don't care for it, but that is how baseball is supposed to be played. Fear is and should be part of the batting equation. Joba comes inside, and of course Sock fans don't like it. But, there's a history between our teams. This is how it should be. I don't care for Josh Beckett. I don't care for Kevin Youkilis. I don't care for the Red Socks, but that's okay; I don't care for the Rays either. No offense, Melanie. I DO care for the rivalry, though, and it's heating up again. This is how it should be. Go Yankees! Let's win two ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries. I was actually too busy leveling this weekend to catch the games. Got an update from a fellow guildie who lives nearby, though.

mostly my sister and I spent yesterday running from things that would squish us flat in one hit.

Charles L. Wallace said...

;-) So, sweetie, how d'ya feel about Manny's departure?
[Seriously, not taunting.]

Anonymous said...

seriously, I feel great. Bay looked good last night, and the team finally looked like they were playing cohesive ball again. The cancer has been removed-had I been the Yanks, i would have rooted for Boston to keep Manny and his progressively destructive, erratic, and disruptive behaviors to keep the clubhouse from focusing on staying in the race.

The vets told Theo it was time. We in Boston felt it was, too. Don't get too confident, now. We've got better D in left, and pretty close numbers- and we're relaxed again.

Charles L. Wallace said...

It's okay, Mellie, really; I am happy for you and Tanya, my friends from Red Sock Nation.

As far as too-confident: y'all made changes and are now better. We made changes and are much stronger. Somebody stood pat. Let's get the knives ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm all for tearing down uppity expansion teams. :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Me, too! :-)
No time like the present.