My Zazzle

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another, Sadder, Goodbye

Far sadder is our goodbye to Todd Drew, who recently passed away following cancer surgery. Todd was active in doing good things with the ACLU, and was a lifetime Yankees fan, and he could write. Boy, could he ever write. I read Todd's writings occasionally at Bronx Banter and on his own website, Yankees for Justice, and I urge you to check them out. Insightful, poignant, memorable. I interacted with Todd some time ago on a now-discontinued message board [kudos and a fond farewell, "Wolf in Pinstripes"], and found him to be a good source of Yankee lore, and a pleasant person to converse with. In my book, Todd Drew was a standup guy, and he'll be sorely missed; his words live on.... read them and enjoy, and in them, Todd lives on in our memories. May the Lord bless you and keep you, my friend. Go Yankees!

No comments: