My Zazzle

Saturday, January 17, 2009

So Long and Farewell

Coach Chucky is history.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers just fired Coach Jon Gruden, along with General Manager Bruce Allen. Raheem Morris will take the helm, ending any speculation about Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahan or [gulp!] Tony Dungy. That's according to Yahoo! Sports, by the way, so if someone else get's tabbed, take it up with Fred Goodall.

I was all set to rage against Morris' hiring, but I am not going to. Here's why: He took over as Defensive Coordinator after Monte Kiffin left to join his son, Lane, at the University of Tennessee. Morris had been Tampa's Defensive Backs Coach..... anybody else remember a coach who played at DB and began his coaching career with the corners and safeties? I'm hoping Raheem Morris will have the same success that Tony Dungy enjoyed, and I will certainly cheer for the Bucs next season. Hey, I lived through the bad old days.

Raheem Morris - good luck, my friend, and Go Bucs!
Jon Gruden - best wishes to you, and thank you for our one Super Bowl win.
Tony Dungy - thank you for changing this franchise around. God bless you and your family.

No comments: