My Zazzle

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Unleash the Beast

Shelley Duncan v Aki Iwamura. Duncan out, Iwa cut on the thigh.

Joe Maddon called it "borderline criminal". So, let's recap for a moment, shall we?

  • Having your runner round third and go helmet-first into the catcher, breaking his wrist IN SPRING TRAINING is good, hard-nosed baseball, being played the "right way".
  • Your runner trying to extend a single into a double through aggressive baserunning but being gunned-down, sliding hard and going in spikes-up, the way one does when they are trying to jar the ball loose, resulting in a minor cut on the second basman's thigh, i "dirty" and borderline criminal"?

Joe Maddon, I'm calling you out, hombre`.... You, sir, are a hypocrite.

Jonny Gomes, you are a punk instigator and a poor speller.

I have no respect for either of you.

Akinori Iwamura, you are entitled to have your opinion. Please know, however, that this is America. You suffered a cut on your thigh. In America, whining about this is tantamount to admitting that you are a wussy. You are from a culture that prides itself on saving face. You have lost face, tomodachi. What if Ty Cobb had slid in on you? He went to the extra effort of sharpening his spikes, ya know?

Yankee-haters: shut up. Y'all are just scared that our lads now have huevos to go with that talent. Fear us.

Mellie, no offense meant in your direction, cher` [but, you can fear us too if you like ;-)]

Go Yankees!

27 in '08

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No offense taken, sweetheart. I'm looking forward to the bench-clearing brawls. Not enough of those the last couple seasons, in my opinion. Though if it comes down to a fight, I'm gonna have to give it to Paps and my roughnecks. We're still a blue collar city in ways that NYC hasn't been in years, my friend. I'm talking good ol' fashioned Southie-style beat downs.

Should be good. ;)
Happy St. Patty's Chuck!

Charles L. Wallace said...

But of COURSE you feel that way, punkin'.... you would not be much of a fan, otherwise ;-) Still, Beware the Bronx Bombers!

Oh, sweetie, didja know the new compilation cd of the Dropkick Murphy's is out? I got mine at Hot Topic the other day and have been playing the hades outta Flannigan's Ball ;-)

Happy Saint Pat's to ye as well, mon cherie :-)

Anonymous said...

Currently on my ipud is only "Meanest of Times" and a few others I...um, obtained, at school. But yeah, Flanagan's Ball was definitely blasting yesterday. Also spent time blasting the Pogues and Solas and Christy Moore...I have lots of Irish music. Almost time to cue up 'Tessie'. The best day in Boston is the day when I wake up to an alarm blaring 'The Boys Are Back in Town'. Also, donating five bucks to the Jimmy Fund so I can wear my Sox gear to work on opening day @ Fenway.

By the way, I hearts that you shop @ Hot Topic- at least sometimes. :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

HT - good stuff! I get good music and Tee Shirts, and have dropped a few $$$ on Select Someones who used to be queen, alas ;-)

Ya know, if we-all ever [evah?] do a beach party, we'll have to bring on the DKM's [aye, and Brian Curran with folknbluesgrass]. Maybe Hudson Harkins and The HooDoo Cats as well ;-) Start saving yer pennies!!!