My Zazzle

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Joba Time is Here to Stay

62 pitches and a no-decision. Time to build. A time to sow, yet not the time to reap. Behold Joba the Starter, and it will be better as time passes. Now, 9-3 losers and on a three game skid, we turn to our new stopper, same as the old stopper, Mike Mussina. Gotta make three stand up against Totonto, but Halladay IS a tough nut to crack.....

On to other news. David Ortiz is hurting, might be on the DL for fifteen, maybe longer. That hurts both of my fantasy baseball teams! That hurts my pal, Miss Melanie, as well :-( No rejoicing - Yanks need to turn inward and fix their own problems. Focusing on another team is a great way for ten teams to give ya problems. So, heal up, Papi. Now, let's get #9 for Moose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news on Papi fresh fron NESN and the man himself- only the sheath casing over the muscle was torn, usually heals on its own in 2-3 weeks with a cast and no surgery. :) Just to give you the inside scoop.

It's gonna be a fight for a little while, I think, to get Joba to be more efficient. Personally, I would have sent him down to stretch out until the All-Star- it's not like they didn't make that big a comeback last season. Trying to move him up on the big team might not be the best plan.

As for wee Justin- he now owns a 2.95 ERA in 4 major league starts, 1 no decision and 3 Ws. Bring on my Texas fireballer tonight. :) Oh, and did you *see* the *prettiest* catch that JD Drew had last night? To go with his solo homer? I liked him since last season- fairweather I am not. :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

That IS good news for Senor Arias, indeed :-)

Tactically, keeping Joba in the pen woulda been best. Strategically, we're advancing the future. Let's hope it does not cost us the present. Farnsie did fine in the eighth last night, though :-)

Alas, I did not catch JD's catch but I will [as always] take your word for it. You think he's cute, though.... =:-0 haha!