My Zazzle

Monday, June 9, 2008

Running Man

It's no secret. Well, I'm not shouting it from the rooftops or any such crap, but I really dig Miss Ulrike. She runs. Marathons. Blond[e]. Great personality. Great legs. Wears Nike. Just about the Perfect Girl [and, younger than me, so that counts as "Trophy"! :-) ] She seems to dig me, too. Good things are worth waiting for. [Unless women begin to fall from the sky]

Toes. I push off on each of my little toes, and wouldn't ya know it, each is very bruised, and blistered, and painful, and a lot of skin has sloughed-off. I can get about two consecutive runs without being injured. Rib cage. Sacro-iliac. Toes. It's frustrating. I'm taking the day off from exercising, today, and tomorrow, off to my Tuesday ritual, dinner with that fabulous Russian girl, Marina. Sure, she'll be working at the time, but that's about the only way to pin her down ;-) Wednesday, I'll run. Thursday, too. Then, Friday with Riki at the Pub.

Moleskin. Works pretty well and seems to prevent new injuries, but it's just a holding pattern. I've broken down and ordered a pair of Nike Free, the shoes which simulate running barefoot. Pix has a pair and likes them, and her bro', Coach Jeff, likes them as well. Gotta begin building those toes, ya know?

Running. Maybe I'll have to catch Riki, ya know ;-) Hope so.

No comments: