My Zazzle

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meat Loaf Burgers

Okay, a short one to keep my hand in....
saw a special at Kroger [where they have really good specials on meats that are at or approaching the expiry date]. Meat loaf, a couple of pounds, ready-mixed, with onions and peppers [and, of course, bread crumbs] all included.

I remembered an old hamburger recipe that called for breadcrumbs.

Actually, I that's all I remember: that there is an old hamburger recipe, and it involved mixing the meat with breadcrumbs. That, and it came from a Los Angeles Kings cookbook from when The Great One skated at center ice of the Great Western Forum.....

So, I formed patties of the requisite size and shape, and poured about 3/4 of an inch of canola oil into the bottom of the wok, and fried them up. I ate mine on potato flour buns. They had gone hard, so I nuked 'em. Matt says the chow was pretty tasty! I guess so :-)

No comments: