My Zazzle

Friday, February 8, 2008

Plaza Azteca

Ya know? I have sorely missed Mexican food of late. Hit Dam Neck this afternoon as I have sorely neglected those fine fellows, got off at three. With no traffic, went to Plaza Azteca over on Laskin Road. Beautiful murals and $5 for a huge draught Dos Equis, but no atmosphere whatsoever. Chips with both regular [red] salsa and a spicy white queso dip was a nice touch. Got the enchiladas in cream sauce, stuffed with shrimp alongside refried beans [which I dumped the red salsa upon]. Okay, but not spiritually satisfying. Hell, 5 o'clock and still light.... I am almost tempted to go run on the beach. Reckon I am a degenerate ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If they didn't have queso fundido and tlayoyos, they're not Mexican anyway. What could be more spiritually fulfilling than a ceramic pan full of melted queso fresco and a pile of tortillas? :D

having a rough go of it so far this week, Chuck. Will be popping in on the post boards in the near future now that pitchers and catchers are reporting, though.

Charles L. Wallace said...

Hang in there, dear sistah!

Let me know if'n ya need to talk, eh? :-)

Anonymous said...

It's a long story. Better suited to email, I think. I'll send when I have a few minutes to breathe.

Happy Valentine's day!

Charles L. Wallace said...

Gracias, amiga. Hang in there!