My Zazzle

Monday, February 18, 2008

Stormy Monday

Stormy Monday [no blues].

They called it Stormy Monday,
but Tuesday is just as bad.
Oh, they called it, they called it Stormy Monday,
But Tuesday, Tuesday is just as bad.
Oh, Wednesday is worst and Thursday oh so sad.

The eagle flies on Friday now, Saturday Ill go out to play
Oh, the eagle, the eagle flies on Friday,
Saturday Ill go out and play
Sunday Ill go to church, and I fall on my knees and pray

I say, lord have mercy, lord have mercy on me
But lord, lord have mercy lord have mercy on me
You know Im crazy bout my baby Lord,
Please send her back home to me.

That was B.B. King, of course. I first heard the version by the Spencer
Davis Rhythm and Blues Quarter [really!], and found it somewhat haunting.
Good, good stuff. Thanks to my friend Molly for talking up the Blues and me
remembering....

It is pouring outside with occasional lightning. A veritable Stormy Monday ;-)
I am happy - have gotten in several workouts over the weekend and feel as
good, physically, as I have in a long time. Knees did not ache yesterday, and
I felt like I could go another time to Rudee Inlet and back. My back is not
clicking with every step, and that is huge! Nothing like Hindu Pushups,
Hindu Squats, and back bridging. Shoulda been maintaining, but things get
so hectic, ya know?

Molly's going to see Keb' Mo' with her BF on Wednesday. Should be good, and
I am sure to hear about it [which prolly means they won't be at the Pantry this
Wed... no worries!] JazzFest, New Orleans.... the bug bit her there. Me, too!
Laissez le bon temps rouler, cher....

No comments: