My Zazzle

Friday, October 5, 2007

MFY's

Hey!!! You were thinking this was going to be easy, weren't you?
"We're the mothafuckin' Yankees, we'll cakewalk through the playoffs."
Lemme tell ya, sunshine, it don't work that way.
We dinna just flash the creds and get 26 blings.
Yo, we're the mother-fucking Yankees.
Oedipus would be proud.
If he wasn't so Rexed.
We WON 26 World Series.

This Series against Cleveland is a microcosm of the entire season.
Start out rancid, gradually gain consistency until the cream rises
to the top. Vindication is at hand, bruthas and sistahs, one way or
another. Either we will go on to victory, or the season truly IS lost.
Time will tell.

I looked at my watch today.
It's digital, and I still keep it on military time.
Force of habit.
I looked at it a little after one o'clock.
Time read 13:13:13.

What does it mean?
Time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pride goeth before the fall, my friend. ;)

In Maine for the weekend, so I guess I'll talk to you Tuesday )I love Columbus day...). We'll catch up then, huh?

Have a good one!

Charles L. Wallace said...

Pride?
Airmailed?
Special delivery?

Jack by Johnny,
bingles only by Alex.

8 to 4.
We've got Cleveland's number,
just like we got yours ;-)

Wait til' we REALLY get rolling....

Meantime, have a wonderful weekend!