My Zazzle

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

31 Oct Ogre

Happy Hallowe'en, everybody!
I was driving along, and I realised, I once got married on this day. She's long since gone, but the anniversary remains. I have two wonderful sons as a result, Derek and Kevin. Respectable fellows, and sensitive chaps as well. Gals, take notice - both are eligible bachelors [and Kev even cooks - he's in culinary arts school].

The German Pantry. Wednesday is German Meatloaf special night, which I washed down with more draught hefeweissen. Comes with fried potatoes and green bean salad and I ordered red cabbage and spaetzle too [of course!]. Now I have lunch for the morrie, as well. Man, everyone is frendly there. It's on Virginia Beach Boulevard in Norfolk, not as far as I-64. Go! You won't regret it.

I forgot to have dessert first. Next time, Trina will remind me. She had wings and a halo tonight. What a nice gal, friendly and pretty. If I had a daughter, she'd be the prototype, for sure!

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

Did you dress up for Halloween this year? ;)
Wow, impressive that your son is in culinary school! Which one does he go to?
Well, it's "Dia de los Muertos" today...didn't you say that's your birthday? If so, Happy Birthday!
P.S. Hope you don't think I'm stalking you (haha)--I just read your blog on occasion and thought I'd finally post. :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Wow! Charmaine, I am most honoured. I know you read here from time to time - thank you for stopping by, and thank you for writing :-) Today is Dia de los Muertes, the anniversary of my photograph at the plant which I used to use as my avatar - last year, in fact. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'll be 49 ;-) hahaha I feel much younger, except for the moving parts.
Kevin is at Gwinnett Tech in metro Atlanta and is thinking of going on to CIA [Culinary Institute of America], but might do some more in Atlanta, first. He's got a couple of semesters to go before he gets this certificate.
Thank you for the birthday wishes! I actually read this on my Blackberry, so it was the first happy wish for this year. That's lucky!! Stalking? No worries! hahaha I am glad to chat with ye!!
Dress up for Hallowe'en? No, wore black [jeans - was on the water yesterday] plus a black polo shirt. Today, pretty much the same, but slacks [an office day].
Man, I love my job and the peeps I work with, and VB is a great place to live. I'm happy :-)

Charmaine said...

Well, I'm honored that you were so honored by my stopping here to post. ;)
Ok, so stalking might not have been the right word--maybe I'm just going to become an MGW groupie, although even that word isn't really appropriate being that I'm not such a young chick anymore. haha
Glad I was the first to wish you "Buon Compleanno" even though I had the wrong day. I figured it was either Nov. 1st or 2nd since "Dia de los Muertes" is a two-day affair.
Besides having a Happy Birthday, it's most important that you're happy in general, and your move to VB seems to have brought you that. Congrats on that! :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Call it whatever you like, dear - I am glad to have your company on the blog :-)

Coming out east HAS made a world of difference in my life; I can't believe how grinding that prior life was. Glad to be here, never going back [I mean that figuratively - I like Saint Louis just fine, except that there are no oceans nearby]