My Zazzle

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon

I just got connectivity restored. No cable TV yet either, so I missed last night's game.
It's too bad the Yanks came up short, but Cleveland has a good ballclub; to rip NYY
is to do the Indians a disservice.

I went to work today. It's been three months since my last contract ended, and a lot has happened since July. Packed up and moved all of my stuff to Virginia, signed on with my current team, made up with Pix, said our teary good-byes [for now and for who knows how long? Careers...]

Gosh, it is so good to be working with the Navy again!!! I love being on base again, and being by the ocean is splendid!! I really enjoy the gang - we get along great!!! One guy is a Red Sox fan, much to his upcoming chagrin. We all went to lunch at Uncle Al's Famous Hot Dogs and were watching ESPN [I knew he was a Sox fan because the show was mainly Yankees news, and I said something about it being the most important topic]... Anyway, I was looking at the screen at the back of the joint, and they were looking at the one to the front, when one guy goes "Look at the clown!!", so I said "It's just Buster Olney" but he persisted - an actual fookin' clown came in and ordered and sat and ate, accompanied by some guy in a Sox cap and shirt. So I said to the guy from Mass "Two guys come in. One's in a red noseand floppy shoes, the other one in Red Sock gear.... which one's the clown?" hahahahahaha sorry, Melanie ;-) [but true]

We work from 6:30 to three, so plenty of daylight after work. Right now spent on building furniture and unpacking boxes, but soon will get to enjoy it all. The ocean is 8/10 of a mile away, Harpoon Larry's Raw Bar less than that, and The Jewish Mother about a mile!!!

It's good. I like it here.
The Yanks lost, and so did the Gators.
On to glory, both teams.
It's not necessarily a sprint, but each will win more championships.
Roger that!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ok. Kinda sad that Joe is most likely going to end up going like this: he's been skipper in the Bronx with the Old Guard for nearly as long as I can remember...(teenagers don't generally pay much attention to themselves, but you know..)

Went to the fair with my nephew this weekend. He's just learned to say "Red Sox" and "Youk". Seriously. And he runs up to anyone with any sort of Sox logo and points and says "Red Sox!" Man, I love two year-olds. He's the best kid evah. He thought the Indians were the Sox this weekend while we watched Rogah pitch himself permanently into retirement. We're working on teaching him "New York Yuckies". Maybe when he's a little older, we'll teach him something a little more...colorful. ;) But for now, Yuckies will do.

D'ya think if Joe goes that Mo and Jorge and Petitte will stay?

Anonymous said...

Much but themselves, I meant to say..

Charles L. Wallace said...

Aw, gee, another little Idiot ;-)
hahaha

Andy, Mo and Jorge?
Depends on who skippers the Yanks whether they stay or go. I still believe Joe Torre is the right man for the job, and I still hope :-)

After this weekend, we should know something. We'll see!

Anonymous said...

For sure for sure. But I will have you know that my nephew is one of the smartest babies ever. And that's not 'cause I'm biased. Besides, try not to blame us for something that's coded into our genes, huh? Least we're going to teach him to not be like the headcases on the Post boards. You know who I mean.

Charles L. Wallace said...

Man, the Post site is a nuthouse! They really oughta do a better job of monitoring things. Still, I have met some good people there :-)