My Zazzle

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Seeing is Believing

Short one today - I am going over to pick up the U-Haul truck in a little while and will spend the day loading it up. Trailer on the back to ferry Lil' Casper along for the ride [one day, I'll blog about my two white pickup trucks, but another story for another day].

Just when you think things are bad and the walls seem to be closing in, get out and see our great country. Over the course of the past week I have driven out I-64 through Saint Louis, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Virginia. Drove through Louisville, home of the Kentucky Derby. Drove through Huntington, WV, home of Marshall University [We Are Marshall!! was playing on HBO last night. I had seen it and really enjoyed it, but that was a bit eerie]. Rented a place in Virginia Beach less than a mile from the Atlantic Ocean. Man, this is a great land. Get out and see it some time. I know I will [I am driving off in the U-Haul tomorrow, bidding a fond farewell to Missouri and becoming just a little bit a Virginian].

Gotta scoot. Have a good one, everyone.

2 comments:

Wolf In Pinstripes said...

Chuck - you should have hit me up while passing by Lexington, KY! Just keep that in mind if you have to make another trip through I-64 at some point. ;^ )

Charles L. Wallace said...

hahaha! I shall have to, good sir!