My Zazzle

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Miss Melanie Speaks

Mellie wrote us a novel, for our reading pleasure, so I decided to post it here, as a separate, new topic. Thank you, my friend :-)

"I love the captain more than a good Sox girl should, we all know that, but I agree he's not getting any younger. Muscle strains and pulls are all part of the process, and more frequently.

Giambi- we all know why Jason's breaking down so fast, regardless of age. He's said as much himself.

Posada- now here's an interesting question. How things go for him from now on will largely depend, I think, on how he bounces back from being on the DL for the first time. Will there be some mental stuff going on, will he just jump back on the wagon? I'd be interested to see. And a tad concerned if my only other option is Benjie Molina.

With the guys who are defying age currently, the biggest question is for how long? We know Damon is well-acquainted with the DL, Matsui is losing some his range in the field, and Moose, though glad to see him on a decent streak, is still a *huge* question mark in an already unstable rotation.

It's not like we're feeling the same thing in Boston-most of our big names have already done a stint on the DL so far this season. We know for sure that we can count on the young guns to come up big for us- Pap, Ellsbury, Lowrie (man, I like that kid...), Moss. They've been fortunate enough have had the time they needed to really, really develop in the minors(I think it was something like 3 or 4 of our 05 draft class is with the big club now). With a reasonably freshly stocked system, can Cashman say the same without a little trepidation? The only way to know is to see how things play out in NY.

On last night's game against the Tigers: Tim Wakefield's been one of my faves for a while, and it's nice to see his knuckler was dancing. 8 innings, 2 hits, shutout ball. :) Back to back homers by Papi(who's looking more comfortable) and Manny(497!), and a decent game by everyone all around. Nothing spectacular, just going out and getting the job done. All I need from my boys. :D"

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

Nice stuff, Melanie. I enjoy the sparring between you and Chuck, too. :-) And, all is forgiven that you're a RS fan, since you DO like our captain--I mean, who could not? Yeah, I can cut you some slack. ;-)

Charles L. Wallace said...

It's an irrational attraction, I am sure ;-) But, a cool thing in my book.

My oldest boy is named Derek, by the way. I AM enough of a Yankee nut to have named him after DJ, but he predates that fact. After several more-Scottish alternatives got vetoed [Malcolm, Duncan, Declan all come to mind] I thought of Derek and the Dominoes, and the rest is history ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Charmaine- can I also be forgiven because I can discuss baseball rationally with other knowledgable fans? ;) It's true though- he's a hard man to ignore. Plus he's classy. :D Sparring with Chuck is fun. Try it sometime.

Chuck- on the subject of names, I have had Seth veto Declan, Ian, Seamus, Liam, Lachlan, Niamh, Siobhan, Elspeth, and more than a few others. ....not that I spend any time trying to think up baby names in advance or anything. :) On the upside, I *can* name my boy Derek if I would like, so long as his middle initial isn't J. (I would like my kids to survive first grade. ;) ) 'Cause in Boston, for all anyone knows, I named him after Derek Lowe. Seth has also vetoed Jason, Manny, David, Curt, Orlando, Tim....no '04 names for me. :( Judas is definitely off the list, too.

Charles L. Wallace said...

Aye, and ye can skretch "Cromwell" off'n the list as well! {Hissss} ;-)