My Zazzle

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ras is Big

So, Darrell Rasner comes up big, again. That young feller impressed me last year. Curious: seems like he always has a rocky road to hoe in the first, then settles down to brass tacks. Good stuff, and filling in well for IPK, who is looking good down in Scranton. Igawful has got to go, though, so maybe Ras will remain at #4, with Ian coming back for #5 until Phil is off the DL. Meanwhile, Andy goes tomorrow, day game. On TBS, and I'll be watching. Mother's Day, busy day at the local, so maybe one draft Amber and a wee steak. Not enough time to flirt with dear [newly graduated - congratulations!] Smiley, but I'm not big on crowds. Besides, I'd rather watch the Yanks at home ;-)

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

I like what I'm seeing from him. His demeanor is calm as a cucumber; pitches in a good rhythm as to not put the defense to sleep; throws for strikes; and overall am getting a good vibe from him. Refreshing to see after watching the struggling Hughes and Kennedy. Hope he can help the Yankees out for quite some time.

Charles L. Wallace said...

I hope so, too. Doesn't have the greatest physical tools, but like you say, he seems to know how to pitch. Good intangibles, too, and his effort is outstanding: last year, he tried to pitch through the pain of his broken finger [suffered when that liner came back too hot to handle]. I like the guy. Let's pollute the gene pool of the rest of baseball by sending off Kei Igawa and his ilk, but Ras is a keeper!