My Zazzle

Friday, May 9, 2008

No Henn in the Pen

No Henn in the 'pen. No Henn, no more. Sean Henn went on waivers to open up a spot for Chad Moeller. San Diego grabbed him [Henn, that is].

Ya know, I have some ties to the Padres from long ago, and one of my dearest cousins has ties to the Padres as well, so I hope I do not hurt any feelings by saying this: Evidently San Diego's pitching suck=ittude is awfully high :-( Sean Henn is a lefty, and he is so bad that we kept Kei Igawa over him. Terrible. See next paragraph.

A run in the first, two in the third, and three in the fourth. It's official: Iggy's a stooge. "Pop!" At least Giambino homered :-(

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

No offense taken, cuz. ;-) You so speak the truth. I thought I could get my money's worth with my Extra Innings baseball package by keeping up with the Pads, but watching them lately is really more than I can bear. Worst team in baseball. Maddux did get win No.350 today, though.

I hope things turn around for that team, but I'm not feeling too positive about it. Well, Henn will enjoy the city, I'm sure. Best of luck to him.

Charles L. Wallace said...

True - it IS a great place to live. I lived in Imperial Beach and Otay Mesa, and for a while in a garage in Normal Heights [and for a little while in Old Town], and I thoroughly enjoyed each one. Good luck and best wishes to Sean.

At least they've had a couple of visits to the World Series... I can remember when all hundred people ran to the top of the upper deck to view the fire: a guy with some ratty-assed car [like an old Renault, or worse, a Matra-Simca] used his hibachi to have an impromptu tailgate barbecue. Afterward, the grill was hot, so he didn't want to put it inside his car, but he didn't want it to get stolen, so he slid it under his car. Specifically, under the gas tank. Through the magic of heat transfer [in this case, guessing convection, but it COULD have been touching the tank...] the gas tank heated to the point where the fuel inside ignited. Of course, the entire car caught fire. Worse yet, he had parked next to some rich guy's Mercedes, which "added fuel to the fire". Really. ;-)