My Zazzle

Friday, May 16, 2008

New Stopper?

We're in last place. What a time for the Subway Series, three games against the Metsies.
First up, rookie sensation Darrell "Our New Stopper" Rasner, who is 2-0, taking on Johan "Waiting For My Arm Injury" Santana.
Santana Superman, 4-2, has only two more wins than the newly called-up Ras, yet some see it as a sign of growing malaise within the Yankee Organization, that they failed to pull the trigger and land the dimunitive lefty from Minnesota.
If the stumbling block was indeed Ian Patrick Kennedy, perhaps we should have dealt [then again, IPK is the second coming of Mike Mussina, and the ageless one is our new other stopper, so maybe Ian's just got to grow into it. Or use some Giambi Gel ;-) ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me enjoy it while it lasts, eh, pumpkin? :) Got enough drama going on of late I need something to make me smile. (How does one get a ticket in a state you're not even in at the time the person was pulled over? This is going to be fun to sort out...)

I'm just sayin', Chuck, that I wouldn't brag about stoppers until after the all-star break. ;)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Something to make Miss Melanie smile? Well, "tickle, tickle"! heeheehee

So, you got a ticket from a state you weren't even in? How could that happen?

Anonymous said...

It happened because my sister (driving with a suspended license) gave the officer my name and date of birth. He issued a speeding ticket and failure to show proof of insurance (as I do not carry personal insurance and am not insured on my father's vehicle, which she was driving at the time.) So now I have to fight it and prove it wasn't me, or I have to convince her to come forward and face the consequences.

Charles L. Wallace said...

That's a tough nut to crack...
will she fess up?
Tough to prove you were elsewhere at the time..... good luck, cher`