My Zazzle

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Weasels Ripped My Flesh?

Weasels Ripped My Flesh? No, but Pixies sewed-up my kilt so that it is now two inches two small in the waist! I am not sure why the pix are ired at me, but they obviously had their wee seamstresses at work into the wee, wee hours.....

It all happened like this: This past weekend, I wanted to go to the Virginia Renaissance Festival, up in Spotsylvania. First weekend, Pirate special weekend, arr! and if there's one thing I enjoy, it's a good pirate fest. Might even have to go back to Saint Looey in September just to attend theirs, but that's another entire story.

Now, part of the fun is to hop into some semblance of piratical looking garb, and, being a Scotsman, mine includes a kilt. Specifically, a black AmeriKilt, [being a proper Scot, I will nae wear me family tartan as a pirate, I wouldna wish to bring discredit or suspicion upon the family in any way] formerly size 36 around the middle portion. [Ye may be aghast at hearin' o' it, but they tend to run on the small side - when I was running every day and avoiding: carbonated anything, alcohol, and eating dinner at restaurants, I just barely fit comfortably - going about 182 pounds. Now, around 188, mainly because of carbonation, rich foods, alcohol, and running only when I am uninjured, I can only get the snaps to properly align by really sucking in my gut to a degree wherein I could maintain posture for aboot five minutes only before passing out].

Along with the kilt go black leather Corcoran jump boots, black soccer sox, a long sleeve black shirt with chest and sleeve ruffles!, a red sash to go around me mid-section, and a tricorn pirate hat, complete with multi-coloured ostrich feathers. Alas, the Pix.... so, I went in a pirate T-Shirt and shorts, and was comfortable. Some mad woman kept calling me "Barry" and telling me that my horse kicked her in the head, but she loved me anyway. I told her I am not "Barely" heeheehee pun intended and asked her if she knew where Maurice or Robin or Andy was [eventually she tired of it and wandered off with her bone-on-a-leash "her draggin' " get it? haha]

This time around, I am going to order another black Amerikilt, and I am going to make it a 38" waist. That way, when the Pixy seamstresses "outsmart" me, they will actually be making the kilt the correct size. Good thing the pix have an attention span of around five seconds, or they might read this and try to outsmart me. No dice, pix ;-)

Had a good time despite being alone. Next pirate fest: Hampton, VA [alas, Smiley will be in Las Vegas]. Maybe I can get Matt and/or Kev to come along. Maybe I can talk Riki and her bairns into coming along.... One of the upcoming weekends will see me back at Spotsylvania, more than likely Celtic weekend, aye! So, anyone in Virginia or that neck o' the woods, shout me up - maybe we'll bump into each other at the Faire!

No comments: