My Zazzle

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dia de los Muertes

Dia de los Muertes. Day of the Dead. Generally celebrated in conjunction with All Saints Day and All Souls Day, November 1st and 2nd, and mainly in Hispanic communities. I listened to Oingo Boingo for a while, and then the Rezurex. http://www.rezurex.com/ and you can check them out on the link I have enclosed [hope it works - links to their myspace page] My fave of theirs, of course, is "Dia de los Muertes", which is a damn fine tune. Do ya like rockabilly? Punk? They describe themselves as psychobilly, and that's as good as any other description, I suppose. Anyway, check 'em out! Buy their stuff! Support indy artists!!

My avatar pic was taken on dia de los Muertes last year, back when I was in the auto industry. Hated it! The industry, that is. I actually like the pic ;-) Happier now, working for the Navy, live by the beach, love the people I work with and getting to go on the water.... but I still wear black on Fridays and special occasions. Like Hallowe'en, Dia de los Muertes, and such.

Man! Usually I write a lot more words; maybe I am windin down for the night. Tomorrow's my birthday. I've been to Grate Steak and German Pantry lately, and go often to Beach Pub. Where should I go celebrate? Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller? Guido the Killer Pimp?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Chuck! (Mine's next weekend, and a friend's is tomorrow. My younger sister's is Monday. WOO! Go November babies.)

I went to Mexico a couple years ago on a trip through the university and all the stuff about the Day of the Dead was really interesting. Tell you this-when I go, I want my grave painted all sorts of awesome bright colors.

Anywho- it's been a long, long week here, how about yours?

Charles L. Wallace said...

Long, long, long. This getting up before 5 AM stuff does wear one out [physically]. Riding the boats takes a lot of energy, too. I'm beat, and the guys that did the overnight exercise were worn out!

You'll be around far longer than I, sweetie, so get the ol' paint bucket for my memorial ;-)