My Zazzle

Saturday, November 17, 2007

ORISKANY

I just watched a documentary on Discovery Channel, which I found fascinating. It's about the artificial reefing program, and the sinking of the ex-USS ORISKANY. Spectacular photo footage from inside the ship during the explosions and during the sinking. I really recommend seeing it, if you ever get the chance. It's called The Sinking of an Aircraft Carrier, and Discovery shows it from time to time.

Some of the same guys I worked with this past summer are involved: I saw Buddy rigging something, and Dex scurrying about, working fast and furious as always, and that Stu, such a movie star!! Nice line about safety. I'll have to remind him about that next time I catch him climbing up the wall without a harness :-) Wonder when that will be....

No comments: