My Zazzle

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful

By golly, I DO have a lot to be thankful for....
I have wonderful sons and my extended family is good. Solid, family values people. I have my health, and my smarts, and my looks. I live in Virginia Beach, which reminds me of being back on the Space Coast with all of the beach attractions and planes constantly overhead. I love my job and I work with a lot of good people. I have a few really good friends, and a lot of really nice people I know online.

I have had a wonderful relationship with Andrea Lise, my wife. She's back in Missouri, paying off the remainder of her tuition reimbursement, and is frustrated by the pratfalls of the job search process. She had hoped to head out to the West Coast [northern] to be closer to her children [being Canadian], but she told me on the day after Thanksgiving that she missed BC and was going to give up her green card and go back. I asked her where that left us, and she told me that there was no point in continuing. She is going to file for dissolution. I am sad, and I will miss her. I mention this for background info, not to complain or spout off. Andrea is a good person, and I wish her all the best. I am thankful to have shared the past six years with her.

10 comments:

Charmaine said...

If I didn't feel like a 'snoop' reading other people's blogs before...well, I sure kinda feel like one now. That is too sad about you and Pix--I'm very sorry to hear that. :-(
I wish you and her the best.

Charles L. Wallace said...

Thank you, Charmaine, truly. Please don't feel like a snoop! Writing is a means of connecting... without readers, the writer is not connected after all.
Pix tells me that this is about liability, and that makes sense from a business perspective. She'd love to come visit, too ~ maybe in the summer. Not an ordinary person, for sure.

Wolf In Pinstripes said...

Chuck - sorry to hear this news for you. Good state of mind on things as always for you though - be thankful for hte things that you are and ac-cen-tu-ate the positive, bro.

Anonymous said...

~wavies~
Heya Chuck. Sorry to hear about things. :/ That kind of stuff is never the most fun. But you do have the right idea on looking to the good things the most.

Sorry I haven't been in touch- been in something of a tizzy trying to plan my very own (and very first) D&D campaign. (Is your dork alert going off yet?) Expect a longer post on my blog sometime in the near future as I work to figure somethings out.

Hope you had a good turkey day! (And won't Hank blow a gasket if Theo pulls of the Santana trade with Crisp, Masterson, and Lowrie?)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Thanx, Wolf, I really appreciate that. I think I am pretty well back to normal ~ some sting, but it's receding. Keeping busy at work and following the Santana saga helps :-)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Gee, Mellie, you make me smile. Thanks!! Wish I could take part in the campaign...

oh, and mon cherie, Johan AIN'T goin' ta Beantown....
ya read it here first ;-)

Anonymous said...

Never underestimate the boy genius, honey. ;) Besides, Hank looks ready to empty the farm system for results now instead of later. Chip off the old block.


And as for that campaign, I may run one online as a practice bit.

Charles L. Wallace said...

I continue to be thankful. Andy Pettitte is returning to the Yanks for 2008. Who needs Johana Santana now, eh?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, sweetie, but most of the guys in the 'pen and on the field for y'all are still pretty creaky. And I think that in his 'nownownow' mentality, Hank will continue to sell the Yankees short after all the effort Cashman has put into the farm system.


BTW- The 'Bhoys are now the latest addition to my iPud. And oh yeah, WAY TO GO MIDDIES!!! Always been a Navy girl, and so it was good to see them spank Army all over the place. :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Good stuff, amiga! Go Navy!!