My Zazzle

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tuesday

So, I did see Beowulf and I DID enjoy it. It's modernized [as in, the language is Modern English.] I was going to say something to the effect that Middle or Old English just wouldn't have cut it, and then I realised: subtitles! That would have been one way of bringing the realism quotient back, in light of the animatronic effect, blurring the focus tended to hinder my suspension of disbelief.

On to Angelina. Weird Slavic [Slavonic?] accent for a dragon/type V demon to have... kinda cool effect when, as a woman, she rose from the pool of water and was covered by a butterscotch/caramel sort of candy-coating. Looked yummy! Oh, and in woman-form she has built-on high heels. How convenient!!! Accessorizes nicely with the golden glop [Char, there's that word again! ;-) ]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay. Built in high heels. Why buy things to ruin your knees and spine and ankles when you can let nature do it for you!

Gah. I think the man who invented high heels (at least stilettos, I hearts the big chunky ones..) and also nylons should be dug up and killed again. High heels keep chiropractors in business, you know.
;)

Charles L. Wallace said...

hahaha!
I like 'em all ['cept'n for on me!!]

Nylons?
Joe Namath wore 'em!
[Under the uniform, to keep warm - early variant of compression leggings! True!!]

Unknown said...

So, I've been tempted to go to see this flick, yet the ads I've seen make it look as though its some weird computer genterated visuals. I read its a new version of 3d.

What I'm curious to know, being that I have an enquiring mind, is how did it work? Was it 3d like? Did you have to wear those silly glasses?

Hmmm, now I seem to have this craving for caramel covered yummies. lol

Charles L. Wallace said...

New kind of 3-D? I wish I had remembered about that when I viewed the film. Nope, no glasses required. The CG effect made the film remind me of Shrek, and in this context, not a good thing - took away from the suspension of disbelief. Still, I enjoyed it.

Caramel colour yummies? As Melanie of Red Sock Nation would tell me: "Wicked good!" hahaha