My Zazzle

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Where is she?

Ya know, I haven't posted any poetry lately. A thought has been in my mind today, so I fleshed it out. It's not Ringlets, I fear, yet it captures the feeling within me at present. Hope ya don't mind.

Where is the girl I used to love best?

Waiting with dagger, like all of the rest:
To strike when she’s ready, and stake to her claim;
Waiting with dagger, to slash and to maim
My heart – how it sears
To ask of the girl that I used to know?

She’s far and away, awaiting to row
To the sunset,
On a sea of my tears.

Charles L. Wallace
November 18, 2007
1520 EST

2 comments:

Charmaine said...

Hmm. *wonders who she is*
Very nice. :)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Thank you, my friend, and welcome back!

Who is she? Well, poets have an ideal, generally an amalgam of many sources ;-)