My Zazzle

Friday, November 2, 2007

HB

Happy Birthday to me... Chuckie Lee is 49. Imagine that!
Well, another good day, although being the end of the week, I am tired. Two days of boating, one in the speedboat and one in the cabin cruiser, and it takes a lot of energy. I caught myself falling asleep in the office today.

No boating today by design. The guys were out overnight annoying ships for practice, so they left by 7 AM or so to go get rack time. Hurricane out in the Atlantic, and the winds are whipping up pretty well... the waters are really choppy and not suitable for ops anyway.

So, where should I head out to? More than likely the Beach Pub. It's decent and cheap, and pretty friendly, so more than likely, there. I dunno, maybe a spur-of-the-moment decision ;-)

Gators host Vandy tomorrow at 1230, Homecoming Game. That makes Gator Growl tonight, the big homecoming pep rally and entertainment show. I still remember Rodney Dangerfield at GG one year, he was awesome!!!

Kev told me that his mom's dad passed away on the 31st. John was a crusty old sonofagun, a Chief Boatswain's Mate, but he respected the fact that I was in the Nav [and for a couple of years, in Deck Department!]. He gave me a combo cover [boat driver's hat], and that was a cool thing to do. My condolences, Diane, Derek and Kev, and Aiko. May the Lord welcome him.

2 comments:

Mary-Kathryn said...

Happy Birthday. I found your blog by accident :o)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Thank you, Christabel.
You are welcome here, anytime :-)