My Zazzle

Monday, September 10, 2007

September Ten

It's overcast, again, but that's a minor matter. Finished the Hindu Pushups and Hindu Squats, plus the Yogalation, and I feel good. Think I'll do three miles in a little while, might even have another workout session later in the day :-)

3:10 to Yuma was pretty good. The character actors were all excellent, including Peter Fonda!! Stirred up some emotions, let me tell you.

Pix stands for Pixie; Andrea tells me that she is not a pixie, but she has wild hair and is half Irish and is very stubborn. Did I mention that I love pixies? When I know someone really well, they tend to get a familiar name from me [Derek is Boo, Kevin is Kev or Chef, for example]. Andy just wouldn't do for her. Well, anyway.

I think we might go to Olive Garden tonight. I love to cook [so does Andrea!] and money is rather tight without a paycheck coming in regularly, but what the heck? Right? No need to be Spartan, after all [Except when watching 300!]. Pix loves Olive Garden, and while she says she is happy to have dinner here, we can [and will!] do that the rest of the week. Besides, I have a line of credit which will tide me over until Norfolk, and dinner out once in a while is programmed-in. Really. We're even going to Broadway Oyster Bar on Saturday to catch Folk'n'Bluesgrass. Haven't seen them since Brian and Sara got married [well, over a year now, since before Pix and I broke up and then got back together]. Love the Cajun food, love the cheesy, tacky setting and decor, love the earthy sound Brian and the boys get. Let's see if I can wrangle the editorial feature correctly enough to add a workable link:

http://www.folknbluesgrass.com cool! I got this figured out!! This is the link to the band's page. Acoustic - folk, blues, bluegrass like the name implies. Brian on guitar and singing, and is he ever good! Steve on mandolin and 2nd guitar, really nice guy. Travis on upright bass. Quiet, seems pretty cool though, and good with the equipment. Fred on washboard and harp.

http://broadwayoysterbar.com here's the setting. I'll make this another story, but this is the famous place where Crusty the Crustacean got animated, K got lit and keeled over on the dance floor, in front of the band.... another time, another story. I play requests :-)

http://briantcurran.com here's Brian's page. Folksy guy, good singer, ace guitarist. Knows more about the blues than I do, which I really respect.

Anyway, off to run and get busy on work-related paperwork, that is, gotta fill out lots of forms for my new job.

Happy Monday!

No comments: