My Zazzle

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Shipping Off to Boston?

Nope.
I'm shoving off for Norfolk, in the next 30 minutes or so. Gonna reconnoiter and secure housing. I'll fly back to StL and say my goodbyes, then drive the U-Haul towing Lil' Casper across. Gotta report for work on the 9th. I'll fill in those details when time permits.

Meanwhile, Dropkick Murphys are running around my brain and I can get 'em loose. I'm not shipping off to Boston, nor do I need to find my leg ;-)

Charleston, WV. Nice name. That's where I am staying tonight. I'll attempt to write, but no telling if they have even heard of the internet. Like I mentioned, I have the Blackberry which I can plug into the Laptop and use as a modem, but if there is no cell phone coverage....

Anyway, no worries :-) Go Yankees!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huzzah Murphys!!! You have good taste in bands, but why the crappy taste in teams? Why, Chuck, why??

(I'm completely being a pain the rear. It's fun. ;D)

Have a safe trip up to Norfolk, now. (I also recommend the ferry tours of Hampton Roads...when we went, we saw 2 Aegis Destroyers (Go Bath Iron Works!) and a Los Angeles class sub all coming into Norfolk. Doesn't usually happen, but man, if you can catch some of the Atlantic fleet there, it's pretty cool.)

Charles L. Wallace said...

Sooner or later, the Empire ALWAYS Strikes Back. One can choose to be aplank-owner, or a pink-hatter, but resistance is futile. Prepare for assimilation. hahaha!

Thank you for the kind words - hopefully I'll be at sea most of the time. Just did a job on one ship [I'll write the story when I get a chance] this summer, and it was really cool!!! Sailed up the channel past NOB getting her in to the yards [lots of pics!!]